Friday, July 22, 2016

Pain in the Brain 2014

Just a quick note to document my cluster cycle this year. They started early – March maybe. Very slow burn-in this time with a few false starts and aura-only episodes. They went full-blown at the very end of May and lasted until the end of August. The final one was in the middle of the night. Around 3 months of this is a LONG cycle. I was able to short-circuit most of them before they got a grip on me by burning up my legs on the stairs at the office. I added push-ups and tension-hanging but couldn't do much else without buying a membership at the "office gym". I've wondered before if just letting the headaches "run their course" doesn't shorten the cycle but I'm not willing to do that when a quick hit of adrenalin pops them like a bubble. I wouldn't say I learned much new in this cycle. Knocking off sulfates doesn't seem to do much in terms of preventing or shortening the cycle. Sleep cycles were definitely out of whack and stress was high this summer so those are still definitely my prime suspects. Science continues to play catch up with my own personal research. ;)

Coincidentally, the cycle lasted from around the start to near the finish of the "Get The World Moving" Global Corporate Challenge that I was participating in this summer. That worked like this: Wear a fancy pedometer that records your "steps" throughout the day then enter the steps online and succumb to Peer Pressure to increase your daily-step count. I averaged 13,700 steps a day and, according to my stats log, walked 548 miles in the 100 day challenge. I must admit I was completely bored with it by mid-point so I started playing games with the pedometer to see how I could increase my count without wasting more time walking. The end result was that I did get out more. I even started running again. :)


Orignal From: Pain in the Brain 2014

No comments: