Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Embarrased: Posting anyway

It's been so long and I've been so bad at keeping up with posting here that I have no excuses. I'll just say that I'm "righting" now and I'll get "write" into it...

Having a house is a good deal of work. I was prepared for this but didn't actually budget any extra time for unforeseen things like having to rake the front yard clear of pine needles. Those blasted trees dropped 4 giant yard bags worth of needles in under a week. Heather & I made the best of it by jumping in the giant pile of needles when we were done. It looked like a haystack. We found a haystack in the needles!

The inside of the house demands attention too of course and I've been just about ignoring the as of yet still packed boxes. We have to hurry up and get everything out of the way though... we have more stuff coming in! When Heather's father moved into smaller digs we happily agreed to take some of his overflow stuff once we had the house. Well, we've got it and we're getting it - even if we don't know where we're going with it! The big ticket item is a weight machine. The plan is to put it into the basement.... where we'll never see it again. ;-)

The cats are segregated. Poor Smechy couldn't hack having the other two around and soiled the bed. Twice. We're trying the Zero Odor stuff to get the stink out. The mattress is also covered with a rubber sheet & mattress pad. No stink is getting through all of that! Anyway, the kittens have the basement and Smech has the bedrooms. The rest of the house they time-share but never meet (unless a midnight storm blows the door open like this past Saturday). It's creepy to be awoken from a deep slumber by the combined sound of gail force winds & cat growling. *shiver*

I'm still finding time to go Geocaching now and then. I'm up to 270 finds - including my first 5 star puzzle "Cloak & Dagger" which dragged me all over central Jersey finding urban micro caches, solving riddles, puzzles, ciphers & enigmas. I'm co-hosting my first event next month (This little piggy went to old bridge) & plan to launch my own puzzle soon. It's still fun!

Besides that Heather & I have been getting up twice a week for a morning jog just as the sun comes up. Routine is the best way to stay motivated and having a partner makes it even harder to skip a day. One of us will mention how it's pretty late and we should go to bed because we have to get up early for the jog (translation: can we skip tomorrow's run?) and the other will invariably reply that yes we should get some sleep because I can't wait to run in the morning! Teamwork ... works. This has also given me the opportunity to explore the neighborhood a little more. I've discovered a back way into our neighborhood & a new park which is exciting.

That's about enough for now. I'll try to be more active on this site in the coming weeks. It'll certainly be easier if it gets cold out but right now ... it's just too nice to say inside typing these words. Until next time!

Orignal From: Embarrased: Posting anyway

No comments: