Wednesday, August 01, 2007

On houses, runs & general silliness.

Our neighbor moved out yesterday. By complete coincidence our doorknob broke at the same time. We thought they changed the wrong locks. Just a coincidence. They fixed the lock/doorknob. Huh.

600 bucksWith our closing date of Aug 30th we'll probably end up paying rent all the way through September. Drats. If the apartment masters are able to clean/repaint/rekey the place by the 15th however we could save six hundred plus dollars. The extra is what I expected to be paying movers to make it easier on myself, but now I'll be toting my own bale. The upshot of all of this is that we'll have lots of overlap where we can go between the two domiciles and pack/move/clean to our hearts content (or two weeks goes by, whichever comes first).

Want some good news? The mortgage has been approved and locked in at a rate of 6.125. Back to the magic number from earlier in the year! We were able to swing this lower rate because I qualify as a "moderate income" shlub. Fine by me. Any special program that saves me money is worth it. Label me a waddleflap for all I care, just as long as my bottom line is happier.

The next step is to get do the title search (another expensive proposition that really only takes some clerk 10 minutes + a phone call) and get the house insured. I'll be going through NJ Manufacturers who currently insures our cars. I might even get a break on the car insurance. Once these two things are done we only have to wait until the 30th and the closing. I'm still waiting for a shoe to fall on me, but so far all is looking good!

Speaking of shoes... this past weekend I donned my running shoes & imported my Mother from North Carolina to run in the Ocean Grove Biathlon. I do it pretty much every year and had been training for about two weeks to make sure I didn't embarrass myself. Well, the end result... I finished last. Or first. Depends on how you look at it. You see, the race was the 21st not the 28th as reported by this website:

http://www.njlaws.com/calendar_of_community_events.htm

Why I chose to look at that site instead of all of the others that told me the race was on the 21st is beyond me. I guess it wasn't meant to be and that I'm supposed to run the Neptune City 5K this Saturday instead?

Maybe I will... maybe I will...

Orignal From: On houses, runs & general silliness.

No comments: